- Calm and professional
- Passionate about caring for others
- Physically fit and active
Looking for a career that demands respect, provides security, and where there’s never a dull moment?
The Oulton College Primary Care Paramedic Program will prepare you for a career dealing with high-intensity, fast-paced emergency situations.
Our Primary Care Paramedic program provides hands on practical experience and training in:
- Paramedical science, both practical and theoretical, giving the ability to deliver reflexive medical care.
- Human anatomy and physiology, gaining the knowledge necessary to assess the human body and its state of wellness.
- The ability to think on your feet, understanding psychology and non-violent crisis intervention.
- Safe and effective patient lifting and transfer techniques.
- Critical thinking and rescue procedures necessary to quickly and effectively deal with medical and traumatic emergencies.
- Defensive driving techniques in our training ambulance.
- Physical fitness and wellbeing.
How will the course be set up to ensure my success?
During the 15-month program you will train in the classroom, in on-site labs, and also different offsite clinics. You will participate in approximately 12-16 weeks of clinical and practicum experience in offsite settings, to allow for demonstrating effective performance as a paramedic team member.
Integrated French Language
Students wishing to take this program who are not bilingual and want to achieve bilingual status will be required to enrol in this extended version of the Paramedic program. While covering all of the material within the base program, you will also be enrolled in five French language courses at Université de Moncton to be taken over your two years with us. You must achieve success in the language courses to be considered successful in the entire program.
Achieving language levels through Université de Moncton courses will progress the student towards achieving bilingual status, although that status is not guaranteed as each student is unique and may require further training.
February Start with Integrated French Language Training
Term (Year 1): February – February
Term (Year 2): February – June
Practicum: 12-16 Weeks