“I’m in love with cities I’ve never been to and people I’ve never met.” John Green
- Highly organized
- Upbeat and positive
- Obsessed with travel
- The ultimate people person
- Looking for fun and challenge
Who’s ready to travel? Pack your bags and take your seat while we prepare you for a career in one of the coolest, fastest growing industries in the world. The Travel and Hospitality Diploma Program will not only have you choosing a career your friends will be jealous of, we will also ensure that you receive training that will prepare you for industry specific certifications such as Tourism Certified Professional (TCP) and EMERIT certified professional designation
Our graduates have found careers as travel agents, flight attendants, reservation specialists, and conference and event planners. They are employed in hotels worldwide, the cruise ship industry, and the food and beverage industry.
I am IN! What will I learn to do?
Our Travel & Hospitality program provides hands-on practical experience and training in:
- Travel Fundamentals: booking trips, organizing tours and the logistics of travel
- Geography: a basic knowledge of the most popular tourist destinations, including tips for you to help make travel safe and easy for your clients
- Sabre: the automated system used by travel agencies and many airlines
- Tariff and Ticketing: the rules and regulations of airline booking
- Flight Attendant Course: the day-to-day life of a flight attendant
- Hospitality Management: running the operations of hotels and conventions
- EMERIT/TCP/CITC: first stages of the designation of a Certified Reservations Agent, Tourism Certified Professional and Canadian Institute of Travel Counselors
You will also be given chances to put your skills to the test during volunteer activities including the World Wine and Food Expo, SoupFest, and other major local events
Sounds amazing! And then I’m all ready to roll out?
Almost! After 9 months of classroom and hands on training, your program concludes with a 2-week practicum placement, plus one week spent out of the country on a class trip intended to give you front line, real life experience in the industry.
Term: September – May