“Wherever the art of medicine is loved, there is also a love of humanity.” Hippocrate
- Positive and caring
- A people person
- A strong communicator
- Wanting to make a daily impact on other
Have you wanted to be a part of a medical team, seeing how doctors, hospitals, and dentists work from the other side of the counter? Look no further: Oulton College Medical Office Administration Diploma Program is the program that will start your career in the ever-changing Medical and Dental Administrative fields. The administration staff at every level of medical and dental care are a vital part of a health care team, providing patients with care and comfort, bringing organization and management to your team.
Depending on your career choice, you may be the first contact for patients while running an office smoothly and seamlessly (and earning the undying gratitude of the other members of your team!) If you chose to work in a hospital setting you may work in a unit handling sensitive and urgent tasks required to keep the medical system running at peak efficiency
That sounds like a lot of responsibility. How will you help me prepare?
Our Medical Office Administration program provides hands-on practical experience and training in:
- Communications and Interpersonal skills: interacting with clients, confidence and demeanor.
- Dental and Medical Office procedures: record management, phone etiquette, scheduling.
- Keyboarding: training to achieve graduation target of 50 words per minute.
- Medical Transcription: medical documents, chart notes and physical reports.
- Medical Terminology: specifically in Physiology and Anatomy.
- Medical Office Software: Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word.
- Personal and Professional Development: resume writing, practical interview skills and practice, time management and professional expectations.
- Simply Accounting: computer based accounting procedures.
Once you have the skills and knowledge, we give you a chance to learn from professionals and practice in a safe and controlled environment. You will be given the opportunity to complete a 6 week practicum placement