- Calm and professional
- Passionate about caring for others
- Physically fit and active
Looking for a career that demands respect, provides security, and where there’s never a dull moment?
The Oulton College Primary Care Paramedic Program will prepare you for a career dealing with high-intensity, fast-paced emergency situations.
Our Primary Care Paramedic program provides hands-on practical experience and training in:
- Paramedical science, both practical and theoretical, giving the ability to deliver reflexive medical care.
- Human anatomy and physiology, gaining the knowledge necessary to assess the human body and its state of wellness.
- The ability to think on your feet, understanding psychology and non-violent crisis inter-vention.
- Safe and effective patient lifting and transfer techniques.
- Critical thinking and rescue procedures necessary to quickly and effectively deal with medical and traumatic emergencies.
- Defensive driving techniques in our training ambulance.
- Physical fitness and wellbeing.
How will the course be set up to ensure my success?
During the 15-month program you will train in the classroom, in on-site labs, and also different offsite clinics. You will participate in approximately 12-16 weeks of clinical and practicum expe-rience in offsite settings, to allow for demonstrating effective performance as a paramedic team member.
Term (Year 1): September – August
Term (Year 2): September – November
Practicum: 12-16 Weeks